Thursday, October 8, 2009

A little somethin' somethin'

To be 100% honest... I never, ever thought I'd start a blog. I'm an active member on Weddingbee (where EVERY GAL has a wedding blog) and I always admired their commitment to blogging. I thought that there was no way I could squeeze time in it, but alas here. I. am.

Anyway, a little about me...

I'm 24 years old & live on the West Coast of Canada. I live in one of the top 3 cities in the world (#1 to be exact, but I didn't want to rub it in! EIU says so) and the home of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games!!

I like to explain to Americans that I live in the California of Canada. We rarely see winter. Snow on the ground? Pssshhhaaaaw maybe 3 days a year?! However the mountains surrounding us have it year round. The ocean is minutes from my apartment. The beautiful mountain top where I'm getting married is 15 minutes North of me. Vancouver has the best of all worlds... it's where the Sea meets the Sky!

(This is actually the view my guests will have while eating dinner at our wedding reception, minus the gondola lines)


A little about him...


My FI is 35 years old and lives in Kentucky. He is the most intelligent, thoughtful and driven man I know. He lives in one of the least desirable cities in the US. There's no ocean, there's no mountains, there's crappy stormy weather year round & weekly threats of tornadoes! Despite the undesirable living situation I can't wait to spend my days with him. I'd live in an igloo if it meant I got to wake up next to him every morning. *blushes* enough mush... (we're a very private couple that way!)


A little about us...

When people hear "who we are" I don't know which is more shocking to them? Are they gasping & smiling through their teeth b/c they're shocked about the age difference or the physical distance between us? hehe if I really wanted to freak them out I'd tell them we met on the internet playing a game!

I'm in the extremely draining process of immigrating to the USA. My life is being disected!!! I'm slowly being broken down & every step makes my pockets a little bit lighter ($455 USD to send in a piece of paper-- really?). As long as there are no hold ups, I plan to make the big move summer 2010!

By the time we marry, we'll have been travelling back and forth for 4 years. I will have flown over 175,000 miles (I'm a Platinum AAadvantage member, yo!) I'll have spent 179 days in Kentucky. He'll have spent 15 in Vancouver haha!

We plan to get married July 10, 2010 in Vancouver. Lots more on that & immigration later...

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! I share your pain re visas and such like. Keep posting, would love to know how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I will definitely keep you posted on the immigration stuff... it's quite the undertaking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your blog! And can soooo relate! I lived in San Francisco for five years and FH in Vancouver!!! And since this past August, I have been living in Vancouver too! Looking forward to hearing more about your wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete