Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Party for 2!

My FI and I are very private when it comes to matters of the heart. We are extremely romantic behind closed doors, but prying eyes make us nervous. Also, it just plain grosses me out when I see people sucking face in public lol.

When we thought about our wedding day & our overall "vision" we knew wanted something smallish with only our nearest & dearest peeps. We wanted our day to oooze with romance... insert problem. If we had a typical evening reception & wedding we'd be too tired to enjoy our remaining time together.

(photo from Elizabeth Anne Designs)

So we decided on a daytime reception that would end at 4pm so we could enjoy each other for the rest of the night! I got a lot of mixed reactions from people... but this day is about us. I had to keep reminding myself of that.

And then *cue trumpets*... I read this from Sarah on "A Practical Wedding"

The strange thing is that when people voice concern about morning weddings, they normally ask you, "Well, what did you do afterwards?" Here is the scoop. Afterwards is *the best part.* We drove away from our venue, waving like crazy, at 2:45 pm. You know what we did? We went back to the hotel room we'd splurged on. We lounged around. We talked about the wedding. We giggled. We looked at our wedding rings. We blissed out. We went shopping at a used bookstore and bought books for our honeymoon flight. We went out to a really nice dinner, and I wore my wedding hair flower. We drank mojitos. We went to sleep. We woke up not-hung over. The after-the-wedding is the best part of getting married in the morning.

Think about it this way: you're marring your partner because you like spending time with them. Morning weddings give you lots of time to hang out together, married, on your wedding day. And then you wake up sober and happy. What could feel better than that?

So, are morning weddings better than evening weddings? No. Evening weddings are fantastic too. But morning weddings are the unsung heroes of the wedding world. People tell you they are only worth it for the discounts, and I'm telling you that we got no discounts and we would do it again in a heartbeat.


Incredible. If we weren't planning on a daytime wedding this would have convinced me to change my plans... :)


Anyone else convinced? Are you planning on having a daytime wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment